All About ME!
I've been wanting to do a biographical page, but I haven't been able to come up with a more creative way of doing this. So, I'm totally ripping this idea off of millions of others. Of course, most of the following information is subject to change (in fact, all but gender):
1) GENDER: I'm a girl.
2) BIRTHDAY: March 16, 1977
3) LOCATION: South Carolina, and no, I will not be more specific.
4) CHILDREN: No, thank you.
5) FAMILY: First of all, Iím not married, so I have no family of my own. My mom and dad are still alive and (amazingly enough) still married. I have an older brother, Silverwind, who is married to Roo, and they have two children: Nyk and Ace. I also have an older sister, Dingy, who is one of the ditziest chicks I know. Iím the wee baby of the family, and Iím convinced that Iím also the most sane (aside from Silver).
6) WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP: Oh, Iíve decided not to grow up, but thanks for asking.
6.5) WHAT IíM CURRENTLY STUDYING IN SCHOOL: computer stuff.
7) POLITICAL PREFERENCE: I hate politics. But I have started forming some opinions in the past few months.
8) HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I have only one hobby/interest: escaping reality. That is, I am usually found reading, writing, daydreaming, or any other method I can think of to escape. And when Iím not doing those things, I'm usually learning something (whether that something is school-related, or just personal interest).
9) THINGS THAT MAKE ME OUT-OF-MY-GOURD HAPPY: Shopping, walking in the rain, books I wish would never end, cheesecake and chocolate (together, if possible), Grandmother's house, willow trees, "just because" presents, naps, and driving down a country road while belting out my favorite tunes. I am, of course, only naming a few.
10) FAVORITE COLORS: Blue, blue, and um...blue. Blue evokes two very different psychological reactions--serenity or depression. Kinda like me.
11) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR: Autumn--more specifically, October and November. Proof that there is beauty in death.
12) SCENTS THAT MAKE ME FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY: The sound of rain on a tin roof.
13) FAVORITE PLACES TO TRAVEL: Other than my imagination, I'd have to say the mountains--any of them--or the beach in winter.
14) AUTHORS THAT I ADMIRE: J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Nora Roberts.
15) BOOKS I AM CURRENTLY READING: None. Will start re-reading the HP series in June.
16) FAVORITE POETS: Tennyson. Byron comes in second.
17) CURRENT FAVORITE SONG (CURRENTLY): Love Me When I'm Gone (3 Doors Down)
18) MUSIC I OPENLY ADMIT TO LISTENING TO (AND SOMETIMES GET STRANGE LOOKS BECAUSE OF): 80ís rock/pop, New Age.
19) ONE FOOD I JUST CANíT GET ENOUGH OF: Granddaddy's chilli (bless his soul).
20) ACTORS IíM CURRENTLY LUSTING AFTER: None.
21) CURRENT FAVE ACTRESSES: Sandra Bullock, Holly Marie Combs. Anyone see a pattern forming here?
22) FAVORITE ARTISTS: William-Adolphe Bouguereau, John William Waterhouse, Lord Frederick Leighton, Vincent Van Gogh, Edgar Degas, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, M.C. Escher, and so on. Art=Rayne-Passion
24) FAVORITE HOLIDAYS: Halloween and Christmas
25) TV SHOW IíM CURRENTLY OBSSESSED WITH: TV? What the hell is that?
26) CARTOON I WATCHED MOST OFTEN AS A KID (AND SOMETIMES STILL DO): The Flintstones. Oh, and I saw the Thundercats the other day! ACK! I loved that cartoon!
27) TALENTS I HAVE, BUT DONíT USE: I can play the piano (and the flute), and I have a decent head for accounting.
28) FAVORITE FOOTBALL TEAM: Atlanta Falcons...but only because Silver would disown me if I didn't say that.
29) FAVORITE BASKETBALL TEAM: I donít like any Pro basketball teams, so Iím going with my fave college team--UNC.
30) BEST BASEBALL TEAM ON THE PLANET: Atlanta Braves.
31) ITEMS CURRENTLY ON MY DESK: A glass of iced tea (only, thereís no ice in it), bills that Chris is going to be paying soon. Scented candles, credit cards that really should be cut into tiny pieces (but won't be), an assortment of pens, pencils, scissors, paper clips, disks, and other office supplies, CDs, a small fat notebook which contains all of my important information, a box Kleenex, chapstick, and three different brands of OTC headache meds.
32) ITEMS CURRENTLY IN MY POCKETBOOK: My driverís license, voters registration, movie card, hand sanitizer, keys, two scrunchies, and a wad of receipts. Youíll notice I didnít mention money.
33) THINGS IN MY LIFE THAT I WISH WERE DIFFERENT: My past. Always that.
34) BAD RAYNE. BAD, BAD RAYNE: Iím terribly inefficient. I can walk into a room with every intention of obtaining one item, and end up making five fruitful trips into that room without ever getting what I came for. Also, Iím a walking contradiction. For example, I hate to see a mess anywhere except in my bedroom--which is where I spend 99% of my time.
35) BUT RAYNE'S A GOOD GIRL, TOO!: Donít lie to these people! Itís not nice!
36) WISHES/DREAMS/ASPIRATIONS/WHATEVER: My current aspiration to get through the night.
Okay, I think that covers everything. If I've left out some vital information, or if I've left anyone wondering anything else about me, you can tell me about it (or ask me about it) here.